WE ALWAYS HAVE CANOE RENTALS AVAILABLE FOR JOE PERRY LAKE AND PEARSON LAKE :
For Reservations send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
June Joe Perry Lake / Pearson Lake Canoe Rental Instructions
- Be sure to book your canoe rental in advance by email. We will confirm.
- On your arrival date, Stop at our Home Office location first. Pickup paddles, pfd, safety kit, sign a rental form, and make payment. 200 Hunt Rd. Northbrook. (it’s on the way before the park)
- Cash only for payment at our Home Office Location
- We are ½ mile down Hunt Rd on the North (right) side of the road. Park at the gate. Look for ‘200’ , Bon Echo Outfitters sign (small so drive slow), and a red traffic cone at our gate.
- Park at our gate and if you don’t see us honk your horn and/or call the phone numbers posted on our gate. We are here.
- We will bring you your freshly cleaned equipment to the gate, including a key to unlock your canoe at the Joe Perry boat launch. You need a key before proceeding to Joe Perry Lake.
- After you have received your equipment, signed your rental form, and made cash payment for your rental proceed to Bon Echo Park. If the main gate is open, stop there and show your permits. Be sure to display your camping permit on your dash so Ontario parks staff can quickly and easily check your vehicle during their inspections of the Joe perry lake parking lot.
- Only the west gate of Bon Echo Park is open, proceed to Joe Perry lake. You will find your canoe at the boat launch. Unlock the numbered canoe you have rented and keep the lock and chain/cable with you at your campsite (locked to the canoe is easiest) , as well as the key. Carry your canoe to the lake, do not drag them please.
- Leave the canoe just as you found it, in the same location, locked to the same tree, at Joe Perry Lake boat launch. Do not block turnaround area.
- Bring your key, paddles, pfd, and safety kit back to our Home Office Location. Honk and /or call us and leave your equipment and key by the office. (We will show you where when you arrive)
In this way we can properly clean all canoes and equipment before each use for the safety and enjoyment of all BackCountry campers at Bon Echo Park.
After July 6 (Instructions)
Canoe Rentals for Joe Perry Lake and Pearson Lake in Bon Echo Park are always available. We keep enough canoes on hand to cover every canoe access campsite on Joe Perry Lake, as well as Pearson Lake (adjoining to Joe Perry Lake). Be sure to read all of the instructions below as well
WHEN YOU FIRST ARRIVE AT BON ECHO PARK : You do have to come to our Canoe Rental Office, in the Park, at the Lagoon on Mazinaw Lake when you first arrive in order to pick up a KEY, fill out a rental form, confirm your canoe rental and pick up your pfd, paddles and safety kit. Please be sure to arrive during our regular Hours of Operation, as there are no rentals after hours without a valid rental form filled out. You will need a key to unlock your canoe as well
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO MOVE CANOES OR PORTAGE TO CAMP AT JOE PERRY LAKE : After you have filled out a rental form at our office we will provide you with instructions for getting your canoe at the Joe Perry Lake Boat Launch. You will not have to put it on your vehicle or portage the canoe. We will get it to the boat launch ready for your trip. All you have to do is drive from our Rental Office to the Joe Perry Lake parking lot, then take the short walk from the parking lot to the boat launch with your camping gear.
WHEN YOU ARE DONE WITH YOUR CANOE: When your trip is over, please return your canoe to the Joe Perry Lake boat Launch area where you got it and flip it over to keep it dry. Please pack out all of your garbage in order that the next campers will enjoy their trip as much as you did. Then drive to our Canoe Rental Office to return your pfd, paddles and safety kit, and also to Check In with us to confirm you are back.
Joe Perry Lake is one of our favorite lakes in the area, and for good reason. The lake is situated in the much larger western section of the Park across the 41 highway.
Our favorite part of Joe Perry Lake, which has served to preserve the wilderness feel of this lake, is that No Motorized Boats are allowed. All of you wilderness backcountry campers looking for a great place for a weekend or a week, this is it.
Joe Perry Lake is a relatively large lake with great access, and excellent moose sighting opportunities, especially in the narrows between Joe Perry and Pearson Lakes.
For the most part it feels like a real wilderness canoe camping experience, Joe Perry Lake is a great choice for first time canoe trippers, and a great choice for the experienced as well, it offers a bit of everything.
There are a lot of campsites so it does not feel crowded on the lake either.
A nice beach on the north side of the lake rounds out the family camping experience here.
The boat launch is great and the campsites are spacious. We are especially thankful for the new launch dock that has made launching on Joe Perry Lake much easier. Thanks to Ontario Parks staff for the new dock.
With 25 campsites it is always best to book your campsite in advance if you can.
You can book your campsite on the Ontario Parks website, just use the link that follows (campsite reservations are handled by Ontario Parks, Bon Echo Outfitters handles the canoe rentals)
The west side of the park is huge when compared to the more popular East side near the Bon Echo Rock. Thus there are fewer campsites and much more of a wilderness feel to the west side.
You will drive by the entrance to the Abes and Essen Trail on your way to Joe Perry Lake. Well worth a day hike if you can spare an extra day, there are 3 very nice hike in campsites on the trail.
Good campsites, and wilderness make this part of Bon Echo Provincial Park a must see.